Monday, May 11, 2020

New Materials To Work With

I have a love of Funko Pop Figures. I have quite a collection and am adding to it all the time. They have so many options of genres of Pop Figures. They have done a few Literary inspired ones like Edgar Allen Poe. No Jane Austen yet. So I decided That I really wanted a Jane Austen one. SO the only way to get that was to make my own. So I looked up tutorials on other people who made their own Jane Austen Pop figures and which ones they use to create them.


This is the example that I found. I found and bought the exact one she used. I didn't like it so much because one of the ones she used was now up to like $100. Didn't want to spend that, so the movie Pride and Prejudice and zombies came out and they had Pop figures made out of them. So I got one with the look I was going for to help with the head. That is the problem I was running into.






So these are the 2 I bought. Aurora for the body, and Jane Bennet  from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So Besides the painting the biggest part was assembling the parts together into one figure then get the paints gathered to give it all a final look.

So you have to use a hair dryer to loosen the glue on the heads. Also something I have learned is that the flesh colors are not all the same and now some of the newer ones have different size head openings depending on their design. So you really have to look into all these things before you can really do it. So I hair dryer off the heads.




So with that done I epoxied the correct head to the correct body. Let it dry over night and it was ready to paint. I thought I had some in process pictures, but I have bought a new computer and 3 new phones between then and now. So I have no idea where they ended up. Hopefully I will find them one day and add tho the post.




So this is my finished Jane Austen Funko. I love how she turned out. I don't know if I will customize one again, but I like having my very own Jane Austen Pop Figure. So thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog. I hope you have an amazing day!!



Keep Your Tiaras On
Wear Them Proud
Never Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

See Ya'll Soon
Jennifer
The Rusty Tiara

No comments: